Pixel Experience Android 11 For Redmi 3s/3s Prime [Land]
Want to update your Redmi 3s or 3s Prime’s Android version? You came to the right place here in this article, you will get the full guide on how to install Android 11 on Redmi 3s or 3s Prime.
What is Pixel Experience?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP-based ROM, with Google apps included and all Pixel goodies (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, boot-animation)
This ROM offers the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential and useful features for the proper functioning of the device. Based on Android 11.
Also Read: Send Emails Without Internet
WARNING: DON’T FLASH GAPPS, IT’S ALREADY INCLUDED!
How to Install PixelExperience on land?
WARNING: These instructions only work if you follow every section and step precisely.
Do not continue after something fails!
- Read the instructions at least once before actually following them, so as to avoid any problems due to any omissions!
- Make sure your computer has ADB and Fastboot.
- Enable USB debugging on your device.
Enable USB Debugging:-
- Open Settings, and go to “About”.
- Tap on “Build number” (on Xiaomi Device “MIUI Version”) seven times.
- Go back, and tap on “Developer options” under “Additional Settings”.
- Scroll down, and check the “Android debugging” or “USB debugging” entry under “Debugging”.
- Create a Mi account on Xiaomi’s website. Be aware that only one account is allowed to unlock one unique device every 30 days.
- Add a phone number to your Mi account.
- Insert a SIM into your phone.
- Enable Developer Options: Settings > About phone by tapping MIUI version repeatedly.
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options > Mi Unlocked status and Link the device to your Mi Account.
- Download Mi Unlock App (Unfortunately Mi Unlock App is only available for Windows).
- Run Mi Unlock app and follow the instructions given by the app. It may tell you to wait up to 30 days. If it does, please wait for the quoted time before proceeding to the next step!
- After the device and Mi account have been successfully verified, the bootloader should be unlocked.
- Since the device is completely reset, you will need to re-enable USB debugging to continue.
Install a custom recovery using fastboot
1. Download the custom recovery.
2. Connect your device to your PC using a USB Cable.
3. Open Command Prompt on Windows or Terminal on (Linux or macOS) window and type:
adb reboot bootloader
You can also boot into Fastboot mode via a key combination:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Down + Power. Keep holding both buttons until the word “FASTBOOT” appears on the screen, then release.
4. Once the device is in Fastboot mode, verify your PC typing:
— If you don’t get any output or an error:
- On Windows: Make sure the device appears in Device Manager without the triangle. Try other drivers until the above command doesn’t work!
- On Linux or macOS: If you don’t see any permissions try running Fastboot as root. When the output is empty, check your USB cable and port!
5. Flash recovery on your device (replace with the actual file name!):
fastboot flash recovery <recovery_filename>.img
6. Now reboot into recovery to verify whether the installation is successful or not. Do not reboot into an existing OS, as it will overwrite the recovery you just installed!
- With the device turned off, hold down Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
Install PixelExperience using Custom recovery
1. Download the PixelExperience installation package that you want to install.
2. If you are not in recovery mode, reboot into recovery:
- With the device powered off, hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power.
3. Now tap on Wipe.
4. Now tap on Format Data and continue with the formatting process. This will remove the encryption and delete all the files stored in the internal storage. (Don’t forget to BackUp tour data before doing this all process)
5. Sideload the PixelExperience .zip package:
- On the device, select “Advanced”, and “ADB Sideload”, then swipe to begin to sideload.
- On the host machine, sideload the package using: ADB sideload filename.zip.
6. Once you have installed everything successfully, run ‘ADB reboot’ your device will reboot to PixelExperience OS, now set up your device and enjoy!
Note: The first boot usually takes no more than 15 minutes depending on the device. If it takes longer, you might have missed a step.
WARNING: Depending on the recovery you use, you may be asked to install additional apps and services. We strongly recommend you to opt out from installing these, as they can cause your device to boot loop as well as attempt to access or corrupt your data.