iOS 16.1 & iPadOS 16.1 Is Out; Check What’s New And How To Install
Apple has just released the iOS 16.1 update for all iPhones running iOS 16. Furthermore, Apple has also released iPadOS 16.1 for iPad users and Apple also released the WatchOS 9.1 update and tvOS 16.1 updates for the devices. You can now download the updates for all these devices right now.
Note that these updates are available for free and the only way to download them is to check for updates through the Settings app on iOS and iPadOS. It is advised that you should download iOS 16.1 update and iPadOS 16.1 update via Wi-Fi as these are big updates and you will need a lot of data. You can also use mobile data to download update packages. The same goes for watchOS 9 and tvOS 16.
iOS 16 Battery Percentage Will Soon Come To iPhone 11, iPhone XR, And More
iOS 16.1 update: What’s new?
- Live Activities for third-party apps: You can now view sports scores, Uber status updates, and more on your lock screen. If you own a newer iPhone 14 Pro or iPhone 14 Pro Max, you will be able to watch live updates without waking up your phone screen. Some apps will have these features today while others will roll out updates over time.
- Support for Apple Fitness+ without an Apple Watch: You can use the $10 monthly subscription service to stream or download Apple’s workout classes on your iPhone. Previously, you needed to have an Apple Watch to use it.
- The Apple Home app now supports the new Matter standard: You can control smart home devices like locks, doorbells, lights, and more that support the new connectivity standard. The case was made so that smart devices would work with any Home Hub, whether made by Apple, Google, or Amazon.
- IOS 16.1 also supports iCloud Shared Photo Libraries: You can create and share pictures with up to five other people in an album, and anyone can add, edit, or delete photos. A button in the Camera app will let you take photos that are automatically shared with that photo library.
- Clean Energy Charging support is also included: Apple says the iPhone will attempt to reduce your carbon footprint by selectively charging when low-carbon emissions electricity is available.
iPadOS 16.1 update: What’s new?
The biggest change to the iPad comes in the form of Stage Manager, which introduces a new multitasking interface derived from macOS Ventura. Stage Manager will be available on all iPad Pro 3rd Gen models and the new iPad Air M1. iPadOS 16 includes new features for Messages, a suite of smart tools for Mail, iCloud Shared Photo Library, new security and collaboration features for Safari, and finally! A Weather App on the iPad!
WatchOS 9.1 promises to increase battery life during workout activities like outdoor walking, running, hiking, etc. On Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch SE (2nd generation), and Apple Watch Ultra, users can also reduce heart rate and frequency of GPS scans. Wi-Fi and cellular connectivity will also allow users to download music while the watch is not charging. There are several new features in the tvOS 16.1 update, including a new design for Siri, support for shared photo libraries, and support for Apple Watch-less Fitness+.
How to install iOS 16.1?
Step 1: Open the settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Tap General.
Step 3: Choose Software Update.
Step 4: Your iPhone will download and install iOS 16.1.