- Gmail has introduced a new feature called “Offline mode” currently that can only be accessed via Google Chrome.
- The new offline feature eliminates the need for the internet to read, reply and search Gmail messages.
- Here’s how you can enable “Offline Mode” in Gmail within 5 simple steps.
How to Use Gmail Offline
Email services like Gmail or any other service require an active Internet connection to check mail inbox and receive and reply to new mail. However, with offline mail mode enabled for Gmail, users will be able to use some limited features of Google’s email service without any internet access. They will be able to check their inbox, open unread emails, and even send new emails to recipients.
Yeah, It’s just like you use it on your smartphones. So, if you want to use the offline mode for Gmail, follow the steps below to get started right away!
Open your Gmail account on your Mac, Linux, or Windows PC browser and access the settings using the cog icon at the top right corner. In the pop-up menu, select “See all settings” to open the settings menu.
Go to the “Offline” tab from the top navigation bar.
On this page, check the box for “Enable offline mail” to turn on offline mode for Gmail. You can also choose the desired settings for the feature.
After that click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
When offline mode is turned on, Gmail will automatically sync your latest emails for offline access and keep them for a set period of time ranging from 7 days to 90 days.
However, it is worth noting that sending an email in offline mode will not actually send the mail to the recipient. Rather, it will save the composed mail in the “Outbox” folder and send it back as soon as the user is back online. Google also suggests that users should bookmark Gmail in their Chrome browser for easy access to the platform while offline. Also Read: Best Minecraft Anime Skin You Should Try In 2022
However, if you want to remove your offline Gmail data then you can follow these given steps. Also Read: How To Send Emails Without internet Using Gmail
Remove your offline Gmail data:-
- On your computer, open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, click More (3 Dot) > Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Content settings >Cookies.
- Click See all cookies and site data > Remove all.
You can learn more about offline mode for Gmail on Google’s official help page. Also, do let us know your thoughts on this in the comments below.